Level 1 Food Safety – Catering
Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws. These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
The Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key legislation involved with food safety and its application to the workplace.
- Recognise hazards that can occur during delivery through to service of food and how to contain them
- Understand the nature of microorganisms and their link for food borne illnesses and food poisoning.
- State the safety procedures and how they assist with controlling risk in the catering environment.
- Demonstrate the importance of effective pest control.
The Level 1 Food Safety – Catering E-Learning course provides an ideal solution to staff induction training including: New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge; Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A); Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff and Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
The Level 1 Food Safety – Catering E-Learning course is approved by leading industry bodies: The Institute of Hospitality, IIRSM, Gatehouse Awards & CPD.
Further Progression & Related Courses
Other courses that would be useful for candidates taking this course include:
|Course||Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||1||Food Safety Legislation||75|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||2||Hazards from Delivery to Service||75|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||3||Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)||75|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||4||Pests, Premises and People||75|
Recommended System Requirements:
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
(Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).